Suicide is the second leading cause of death among young people. These are only a few of the possible warning signs. If you have questions regarding other possible signs of suicide, please call the Counseling Center for assistance.
Know the Signs of Suicide (S.O.S):
- Previous suicide attempts, especially ones that lead to a hospital visit
- Currently talking or thinking about suicide
- Feeling hopeless or seeing no other options
- Abusing alcohol or drugs
- Experiencing recent losses or relationship problems
- Feeling trapped by one’s circumstances
If you know someone who needs help, ACT!
- Acknowledge the signs of suicide in a friend.
- Let the friend know that you Care.
- Tell someone who can help.